The Phoenix Mountain Racers program is for skiers ages 4 – 13. It’s not a learn to ski program, but rather, a learn to “ski better in all terrain and conditions” program. Lessons are taught by certified instructors and follow the seven-step Snow Star program. This year the program will include an “All-Mountain” component.
This program is run by volunteers. Parent volunteer hours are a requirement for participation in the program.
Phoenix Racers 2016
- The Phoenix Mountain Racers program is for skiers ages 4 – 13
- Proper clothing
- Skis, Boots, and Poles
- Hard Shell Ski Helmet (must cover the ears and temples)
- Skill level will be determined by coaches
- Ride T-Bar unassisted
- Ski on their own
Races are optional, and are held on Sundays (see Race Schedule below). Although ski races are set with different clubs at other hills during the season, race participation is not a requirement of Phoenix Mountain Racers membership.
Registration costs (per child)
Note: Registration fee does not cover lift tickets or any ski equipment needed. ALL participants must wear a hard shell ski helmet with a hard shell that covers the ears and temples.
See registration package below for family discount details.
- Insurance for Racer (Child)
- Insurance for 1 parent/guardian
- Membership in BC Alpine
- Instruction with CSCF-trained certified coaches
- Subscription to Ski Canada Magazine
- Free entry in Nancy Greene Ski Races (see schedule below)
- Free entry in Phoenix Open Ski Race (Mar. 5 )
2017 Nancy Greene Race Series Schedule:
- Sunday, Jan 22 Red Mtn (Rossland) Nancy Greene Race – Dual GS
- Sunday, Jan 29 Phoenix Mtn Nancy Greene Race – Dual Slalom
- Saturday, Feb 26 Salmo Nancy Greene Race – Slalom & GS
- Sunday, Mar 5 Whitewater (Nelson) Nancy Greene Zone Finals – Festival Format
Contact Krisie Goddard email@example.com or at 250-449-1931 with any general registration questions.
Please fill out and mail the registration package with your cheque made out to “Phoenix Mountain” to:
Grand Forks, BC